Sunday, February 8, 2009

Drinks and Dessert




Drinks are another great way to unwind! After work this past Thursday I was in the city at a new place for me, Pegu Club with my hubby Jason and friend Tom. Tom, who is the author of My Cocktail Journey blog, had recommended the place, and it did not disappoint! The Red Pepper! Red Pepper! drink was outstanding. I thought it was going to be a spicy drink, but it was actually red bell pepper tasting - sweet and refreshing. My hubby also enjoyed the ginger beer cocktail, which was very flavorful, as well. Pegu Club is definitely worth a visit.




Also in the neighborhood of Pegu Club is Rice to Riches - Jason and I were introduced to this dessert gem by his good friend Bill. It's a great cafe that exclusively serves rice pudding, but in some unique and luxurious flavors. By the time we left Pegu Club, we barely had time to swing by for dessert. Thanks to some skillful driving by Tom we just made it!


As a take-home treat, Jason and I got a "Sumo" container of rice pudding for home. Of course we planned that this would last us the week, but I think it was gone in 3 evenings. I don't even like rice pudding, but the stuff this place serves up is undeniable. Please don't tell my trainer.


Oh and in a knitting update... I just completed this little scarf for a colleague's birthday. It's the Airy Scarf pattern from LMKG. I used KidSilk Haze (Rowan) in a sage green color. I thought knitting with this very fine, feathery yarn (70% kid super kid mohair, 30% silk yarn) was going to be like knitting a cobweb, but it actually went quite well! And it knit in the timeframe the book suggested! I definitely recommend this as a quick knit that yields a really nice final product.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trip to Rice to Riches was like the Italian Job meets Harold and Kumar.

Anonymous said...

The best part was at the end where Neil Patrick Harris paid for our rice pudding.