Friday, June 5, 2009

Supper is Super

Hello there! It's been a while since my last post - things have been pretty busy!

Tonight I met DH in the city for dinner after work. We went to a place my friend and colleague Ritesh suggested: Supper, located in the Lower East Side. If you're in the neighborhood and looking for a good Italian place, I definitely recommend it. The restaurant is small and cozy, but still has an energetic vibe. Supper offers "family style" seating on the main floor, or a few smaller tables scattered about (we sat downstairs at a table for 2). We were surrounded by brick walls, rustic art (wooden paintings of various religious officiants adorned the walls), candles, and wine bottles. I kept staring at the exposed pipe running everywhere that was painted gold, with a floral design! Anyway, the food was very good. We had polenta topped with Gorgonzola cheese to start, which was delicious. DH had spinach gnocchi with a cheese and marinara sauce, and I had a butternut squash ravioli, both of which were fantastic - home-made pasta is the best. I think I liked DH's dinner more than mine, which always seems to happen when we go out. He says it's not that the food is better, but that I just enjoy it more because it's his. That's not true!! (OK, maybe a little bit true?). And we split a hazelnut pannacotta for dessert - very rich! My only critique of Supper is that it's cash only. Boo! Other than that, I definitely recommend it!

OK, so - we found a house. We love it. It needs new paint and carpets, but other than that, it's great!! We've completed attorney review and are finishing inspections (all this house activity is actually why I've been delinquent on my blog posts!). It is a HUGE RELIEF to finally have found something that we like. We'd been looking for 16 months! Granted, we are picky - but we can be, since we are just renting and don't have kids. So fair is fair. I feel relieved but still concerned that something could go wrong. My friends keep assuring me that at this point, we have very little to worry about since home inspection is done (we're just having an additional inspector come to look specifically at the fireplace). I'm still nervous! But with every milestone we complete, I feel better and better. Please still keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

Tomorrow we'll be running a 5K race, my first one ever, so that's going to be a lot of fun! I think our carb-intensive dinner at Supper will serve us well, and hopefully we won't pull a "Michael Scott" - recall episode 4.1 where Michael carb loads by downing a plate of fettuccine alfredo immediately before running a 5K (the Race to Cure Rabies) and winds up barfing everywhere, shortly after starting the race. So assuming our stomachs are settled, we should be OK! I'm looking forward to tomorrow, especially because a bunch of friends and co-workers will be running with us too!!
I haven't had much time to knit, but I'm almost up to the decreases on the clapotis. At this rate I should have it done by the fall! Just kidding. I'd like to have it done by the end of the month. We'll see!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good luck with the new home!!!