Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finished, at last!




Hooray! I finished the clapotis yesterday! I am very pleased with how it came out! The pattern was very easy (just repetitive). I can't wait until the fall to wear it! The nice thing about the clapotis is that you can wear it as a scarf or a shawl (I'll probably go for the former).


I tried to block this, to even everything out. First of all, I didn't have a surface big enough to lay it out on (I suppose I could have pinned it to the carpet in our living room?) and second, I didn't want to stretch it out any more than it already was. I plan to wear it kinda scrunched up (like in the photo above) anyway, so I think I'll be OK.


I've seen a lot of people knit clapotis with sock yarn - that'd be nice too - I think it'd make for a very soft, cuddly final piece. The Handmaiden Sea Silk is cozy, but it's definitely more silky. If I ever re-visit this pattern, I'd like to try making a clapotis with sock yarn.


On to the next project: finishing the second sock for DH? Learning cables? Another pair of socks? Continuing on the Central Park Hoodie with Larissa? Probably some combination of the above....

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Awesome - now you can knit something else! Oh, and it looks great. Photos really don't capture how luxurious that yarn is. And FWIW - I always block on a towel (or two) on the living room floor. Just remember to keep the animals in the bedroom overnight.

couch-knitter said...

Yes, I'd put a towel on the ironing board when I attempted to block the first time. Duh, I should just do the same when using the carpet!

I'm thinking about fetching gloves next - ones with some simple cables in them to get the hang of them. Thanks for your comment! You are such a good knitting mentor!!!

Jason said...

Another fine project, you've gotten a lot of use out of that scarf.