Thursday, July 23, 2009

Inner City Pressure

As we speak, DH (again, DH = Dear Hubby) is at work. He has actually been at work since Wednesday morning and will be back tomorrow evening, working 'round the clock! This attorney business is a crazy one! At least his "team" was proactive and let him know in advance "don't plan on being able to go home this week - get yourself a room at the Hilton to take a power-nap or two, and prepare to roll your sleeves up for consecutive all-nighters". So I suppose that was a nice courtesy on their part. There's a lot of pressure with his job, and I am always amazed at how well DH handles it.

For some odd reason, his job often times makes me think of the song by Flight of the Conchords called "Inner City Pressure". I'm not sure why though - I mean we don't live in the inner city - we don't even live in a city. I suppose because DH works in the city, and... works under a lot of pressure....? the song comes to mind.

Here is the song (which is a parody of Pet Shop Boys West End Girls. I read that "Inner City Pressure is not only a parody of Pet Shop Boys, it pokes fun at the great hipster/artist/creatively-under-employed social substratum that has engulfed large swaths of urban North America". Yeah, "hipster", "creative", and "artist" are probably the last 3 words I'd use to describe us. But I suppose it's the satire that makes me laugh).

1 comment:

Jason said...

I should write a parody of this parody entitled "BigLaw Pressure)